This FIBA-FIU course is designed to provide applicable understanding of international sanctions programs, with a focus on the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). The course covers the purpose of sanctions programs, the laws, and regulations under which they are created, and the compliance obligations placed on financial institutions. It explores active OFAC sanctions programs currently in place, with a focus on the programs that have important implications for financial institutions operating in the Americas region.
Starts at $695
4 CE credits
Participants who successfully complete the program, will:
- Understand the purpose of international sanctions programs
- Become familiar with OFAC’s compliance requirements, including who must comply, the types of transactions covered and the distinct types of OFAC lists and designations
- Review the scope of select active OFAC sanctions programs
- Identify the types of activities that pose a higher OFAC risk
- Understand the steps financial institutions must take to comply with the various sanctions programs
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Qualified Instructors – learn from world-class instructors with AML experience.
- Ongoing Support – connect and interact with your instructor and other professionals.
- Modules & Discussion Forums – assess comprehension to successfully apply concepts in several scenarios.
- Professional Accreditation – offered in association with Florida International University (FIU), a nationally accredited university, ranked number 6 in International Business across the country.
- Access to a Global Network – connect with professionals from various sectors.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL:
- Senior Management
- Executive Boards
- Compliance and Risk Officers
- Human Resources Staff
- Commercial and operation staff